As Chongqing struggles to clean up after its disgraced former Party chief Bo Xilai, mayor Huang Qifan has reportedly urged judges to draw inspiration from unorthodox sources. From Ernest Kao at South China Morning Post:...
Jan 27, 2013
Amid conflicting reports about the date of Bo Xilai’s trial, China’s Global Times reported on Monday that the proceedings would not start that day in Guiyang, as previously rumored. According to “a source close...
Jun 6, 2012
As of June 4, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for user”...
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast