Sensitive Words: Ferraris, Princes and Czars
As of June 4, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for user” function):
Ferraris and Princes: Netizens have been trying to fill in the gaps surrounding a mysterious Ferrari crash on Beijing’s Fourth Ring Road March 18. A rumor has it that the victim was the son of Central Committee Secretariat Ling Jihua. There has been no official confirmation of the incident.
- Prince Ling (令公子): son of Ling Jihua
- Little Ling (小令): son of Ling Jihua
- high-speed + car sex (高速+车震)
- car crash + car sex (车祸+车震)
- Ferrari + car crash (法拉利+车祸): retested
- FALALI: retested
- North Fourth Ring [Road] + car crash (北四环+车祸): retested
- National Security Czar (国家安全沙皇): a.k.a. Zhou Yongkang
- Political Triangle (三角政治同盟): refers to the political circle of Zhou Yongkang, Ling Jihua and Bo Xilai.
Note: All Chinese-language words are tested using simplified characters. The same terms in traditional characters occasionally return different results. CDT Chinese runs a project that crowd-sources filtered keywords on Sina Weibo search.
CDT independently tests the keywords before posting them, but some searches later become accessible again. We welcome readers to contribute to this project so that we can include the most up-to-date information. To add words, check out the form at the bottom of CDT Chinese’s latest sensitive words post.