Ling Zhengce, the former vice-chairman of the Shanxi People’s Political Consultative...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 4, 2016
Ling Jihua, a prominent former aide to Xi Jinping’s predecessor Hu Jintao, has been...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 7, 2015
Chinese authorities announced a number of apparently encouraging legal reforms this week,...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 3, 2015
The New York Times’ Michael Forsythe and Mark Mazzetti report on Beijing’s demands...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 29, 2015
As of January 29, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 30, 2014
Following the official announcement of a disciplinary investigation into onetime top Hu Jintao...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms