The investigation of two senior officials once tasked with domestic security signifies that the 2021 legal-political rectification campaign has reached the upper levels of the Party. Fu Zhenghua, the former deputy head of the...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 4, 2016
Ling Jihua, a prominent former aide to Xi Jinping’s predecessor Hu Jintao, has been...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 15, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 11, 2015
A Tianjin court sentenced former security chief Zhou Yongkang to life in prison and confiscation...
by Grace | May 28, 2015
As a part of the U.S. government’s investigation into whether J.P. Morgan hired relatives of...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 28, 2015
At Vice News, James Palmer describes the ascendancy of China’s Central Commission for...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods