China’s internet watchdog has announced new rules designed to crack down on “self-media” accounts, the social media accounts of independent citizen journalists and content creators that have flourished on...
by Cindy | Oct 9, 2019
On October 8, Cover News launched a survey questionnaire on Weibo asking for readers’ take...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 13, 2017
A new report from the University of Toronto’s Citizen Lab probes censorship on Tencent’s WeChat...
by Cindy | Mar 4, 2017
The official Sina Weibo account of prominent Chinese feminist group Feminist Voice (女权之声) has been...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China