The European Broadcasting Union has terminated its contract with Chinese broadcaster Mango TV,...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 9, 2018
During HunanTV’s live Spring Festival Gala broadcast on Thursday, host Li Weijia...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 28, 2005
From The New York Times: They called it “The Mongolian Cow Sour Yogurt Super Girl Contest,” and for much of the year, this “American Idol” knockoff was one of the hottest shows on Chinese television. By the time it ended in August, more than 400 million viewers had tuned in, making it one of the […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods