Would-be viewers of the long-delayed historical drama “A Love Never Lost” were left disappointed Monday when the show was pulled just two hours before its premiere. The broadcast was replaced with a rerun of a 2020 “poverty...
May 12, 2018
The European Broadcasting Union has terminated its contract with Chinese broadcaster Mango TV,...
Feb 9, 2018
During HunanTV’s live Spring Festival Gala broadcast on Thursday, host Li Weijia...
May 31, 2011
China’s TV industry is the focus of a pair of articles at the Financial Times. The first describes the efforts of China’s second largest broadcaster, Hunan Broadcasting System, to commercialise its organisation and...
Mar 7, 2008
A Land Taxes Department cadre found herself featured on a TV reality show as the third party in a vicious divorce. She sued the television station and won. From Southern Weekend and translated by ESWN: 32-year-old Zhang Chen...
Nov 28, 2005
From The New York Times: They called it “The Mongolian Cow Sour Yogurt Super Girl Contest,” and for much of the year, this “American Idol” knockoff was one of the hottest shows on Chinese television. By the time it ended in August, more than 400 million viewers had tuned in, making it one of the […]
CDT in the News
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?
- RFA – Guangdong officials ban Model United Nations over federalism debate
- BBC – Chinese grieve popular ex-premier Li Keqiang in quiet show of dissent
- Le Monde – En Chine, l’hommage très contrôlé à l’ex-premier ministre Li Keqiang, « dernier dirigeant de l’ère des réformes »