On Tuesday, International Human Rights Day, spokesperson Hua Chunying mounted a familiar defense of China’s rights record at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ regular press conference: Q: It’s the Human Rights...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 23, 2015
At least five police officers have reportedly died after being stabbed in a knife attack at a coal...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 24, 2015
In 2013, Uyghur scholar Ilham Tohti penned the draft of a 24,000 word essay examining various...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 21, 2014
After Uyghur scholar and activist Ilham Tohti was sentenced to life in prison for separatism in...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 8, 2014
An Urumqi court has sentenced eight to death for their involvement in two separate attacks that...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo