A number of Chinese naval warships have sailed into the East Indian Ocean this month amid a...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 9, 2018
Responding to questions about a recent claim by the exiled former President of Maldives Mohamed...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 19, 2012
Ahead of the 50th anniversary of the start of the 1962 Sino-Indian War on Saturday, The Economist visited the disputed region of Arunachal Pradesh over which it was fought. The area, sometimes known in China as “South...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 4, 2009
Vijay Sakhuja, Director (Research) at the Indian Council of World Affairs, New Delhi, writes for the Jamestown Foundation’s China Brief: The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been tirelessly working to dispel the...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 19, 2009
Somali pirates have captured a Chinese ship in the Indian Ocean, MSN reports: China’s Ministry of Transport said relevant government agencies were making efforts to rescue a hijacked Chinese bulk carrier in the Indian...
by cschultz | Apr 8, 2009
Time Magazine reports on the buildup of Chinese and Indian naval power in the Indian Ocean: (India and China) are hugely dependent on the petroleum deliveries that course through the gulfs of Aden and Hormuz to their ports....
by Xiao Qiang | Aug 30, 2007
Professor M.D. Nalapat is vice-chair of the Manipal Advanced Research Group, UNESCO Peace Chair, and professor of geopolitics at Manipal University. He wrote on UPI Asia Online: Military strategists in India raise their blood pressure levels by pointing to China’s “encirclement” of the country through an archipelago of military and intelligence assets around the periphery […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions