Over the past 30 years, many a foreigner has headed into the middle kingdom to find fortune in the brisk economy of a rapidly changing nation. When Jonathan Campbell went to China over a decade ago, he was searching for the...
by Claire Kells | Jun 30, 2008
A round up of articles and blog postings from the past year show that both Chinese and western fans are discovering Chinese indie and experimental music. From Shanghaiist: Neocha’s NEXT Player From Music OMH: Beijing, By...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions