In an open Q&A session at Reddit this week, The New York Times’ Nicholas Kristof discussed his experience covering the Tiananmen protests and his views on sweatshops, among other important issues. CaptainApathy419:...
by Sophie Beach | May 10, 2010
Urbanization in China is leading to a rise in the price of silk worldwide, the Financial Times reports: The price of silk cocoons, the raw material for the fabric used in expensive items of clothing, has doubled since the start...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 8, 2006
From The Harpers, via A Glimpse of the World: On the flight from Newark to Beijing, I read the following small item in the China Daily: According to media reports, several air conditioner installers have fallen to their deaths in the last couple of days in Beijing alone. As the sweltering summer heat sweeps the […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China