The term “historical nihilism”—which has long been used to label accounts that challenge Party-approved orthodoxy—is again back in headlines and official crosshairs with the launch of a hotline allowing people to report those...
by Natalie Ornell | May 6, 2014
Reuters reports that Chinese state media has for the first time published the photograph...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 15, 2013
Asahi Shimbun’s Nozomi Hayashi reports that both supporters and critics of fallen Chongqing...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 22, 2012
As a famous singer and goodwill ambassador for the World Health Organisation, Peng Liyuan might seem a perfect first lady to China’s next president Xi Jinping. But this picture is complicated by an AIDS scandal involving...
by Sophia Cao | Dec 11, 2006
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern