Correction: The first directive originally mentioned “Snowden’s betrayal of the CIA.” “CIA” has been changed to “NSA.” The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 12, 2013
An armada of over 3,300 [update: 5,916] dead pigs drifted down the Huangpu river towards Shanghai over the weekend, prompting a major clean-up operation. Some of the animals are said to have frozen to death; some are apparently...
by Michael Zhao | Dec 5, 2007
Translated by CDT from China Business News (Á¨¨‰∏ÄË¥¢ÁªèÊó•Êä•): Mr. Ma, a private entrepreneur from Tongxiang (Ê°ê‰π°) of Jiaxiang (ÂòâÂÖ¥) City in Zhejiang, is excitedly expanding his silk processing plant with his engineer. But a few months back, he was still figuring out whether he could grow his business, as his new production line of cloth […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”