Rumors circulated on Weibo this week about an attack by one or more Uyghurs on Han Chinese in Korla, Xinjiang. Local police have now confirmed an attack but few details are available, Radio Free Asia reports (See Update below):...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 14, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Sophia Cao | Feb 10, 2007
by Sophie Beach | Dec 21, 2005
From the New York Times: The prop plane packed with businessmen swoops into this once sleepy oasis town in far western China, flying in low over the spectacular Tian Shan mountain range, now snowcapped. At the tiny, primitive airport here, where people have to wait outdoors in the biting cold for their luggage, a billboard […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China