Rumors circulated on Weibo this week about an attack by one or more Uyghurs on Han Chinese in Korla, Xinjiang. Local police have now confirmed an attack but few details are available, Radio Free Asia reports (See Update below):...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 14, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Sophia Cao | Feb 10, 2007
by Sophie Beach | Dec 21, 2005
From the New York Times: The prop plane packed with businessmen swoops into this once sleepy oasis town in far western China, flying in low over the spectacular Tian Shan mountain range, now snowcapped. At the tiny, primitive airport here, where people have to wait outdoors in the biting cold for their luggage, a billboard […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods