While locally resident Uyghurs account for the majority of the estimated million or more held in...
by Scott Greene | Oct 28, 2013
Xi Jinping’s recent trip to Central Asia marked a watershed moment in China’s pivot to...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 2, 2011
The New York Time explores China’s expanding influence in the former Soviet nations of Central Asia: Chinese officials see Central Asia as a critical frontier for their nation’s energy security, trade expansion, ethnic...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal