The leftist website Haijiang Online (海疆在线) has been shut down. Chinese Internet users first...
by Scott Greene | May 6, 2013
Patrick Boehler of the South China Morning Post reports that new research by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences showed that conservatives outnumber liberals in Chinese cities: Some 38.1 per cent of those surveyed held more...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 15, 2013
A series of book signings by writer and 6.5 million-follower weibo celebrity Li Chengpeng has become a lightning rod for tensions between leftists and liberals. In an incident at a signing in Beijing on Sunday, two men threw a...
by Scott Greene | Aug 21, 2012
With Gu Kailai’s murder trial and conviction yesterday, leftist allies of disgraced former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai remain adamant that he and his wife are victims of a conspiracy to curb his political rise and have...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal