The leftist website Haijiang Online (海疆在线) has been shut down. Chinese Internet users first...
by Scott Greene | May 6, 2013
Patrick Boehler of the South China Morning Post reports that new research by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences showed that conservatives outnumber liberals in Chinese cities: Some 38.1 per cent of those surveyed held more...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 15, 2013
A series of book signings by writer and 6.5 million-follower weibo celebrity Li Chengpeng has become a lightning rod for tensions between leftists and liberals. In an incident at a signing in Beijing on Sunday, two men threw a...
by Scott Greene | Aug 21, 2012
With Gu Kailai’s murder trial and conviction yesterday, leftist allies of disgraced former Chongqing party chief Bo Xilai remain adamant that he and his wife are victims of a conspiracy to curb his political rise and have...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China