Despite resistance from authorities, China’s #MeToo movement is making progress with small but meaningful victories in court for individuals fighting sexual harassment and assault. The Guardian’s Lily Kuo reports on the...
by Cindy | Sep 2, 2013
A recent trend of confessions by foreign and local business executives on state television has...
by compco | Aug 15, 2011
Victims of crime often find themselves petitioning for several years before any form of justice is made by government officials. Road blocks and intimidation are common tactics to dissuade victims from moving forward with their...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo