Despite resistance from authorities, China’s #MeToo movement is making progress with small but meaningful victories in court for individuals fighting sexual harassment and assault. The Guardian’s Lily Kuo reports on the...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 2, 2018
In late July, as the #MeToo movement was gaining momentum in China after a slow start, a woman...
by Cindy | Sep 2, 2013
A recent trend of confessions by foreign and local business executives on state television has...
by compco | Aug 15, 2011
Victims of crime often find themselves petitioning for several years before any form of justice is made by government officials. Road blocks and intimidation are common tactics to dissuade victims from moving forward with their...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China