Although homosexuality was decriminalized in 1997 and delisted as a psychiatric disorder in 2001, the Chinese LGBTQ+ community continues to face discrimination and marginalization from both the Chinese state and Chinese society....
by Josh Rudolph | May 23, 2018
After recent moves by authorities to push back against the growing visibility of LGBT groups in the media, China’s LGBT rights advocates tread incredibly cautiously in organizing activities to observe this year’s...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 5, 2018
The New York Times’ Raymond Zhong reported this week on a popular news, blog, and...
by Josh Rudolph | May 24, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms