Next year’s 19th Party Congress is expected to bring a major restructuring of China’s...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 14, 2010
Following Hubei Governor Li Hongzhong’s outburst at a reporter questioning him at the NPC meetings, hundreds of prominent Chinese journalists, scholars and activists have penned an open letter protesting his actions and...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 11, 2010
At this week’s NPC meeting, Hubei governor Li Hongzhong became a hot topic in the Chinese twittersphere (see here for all tweets on the topic) after he reprimanded a journalist and forcibly grabbed away her voice recorder...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods