Next year’s 19th Party Congress is expected to bring a major restructuring of China’s...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 14, 2010
Following Hubei Governor Li Hongzhong’s outburst at a reporter questioning him at the NPC meetings, hundreds of prominent Chinese journalists, scholars and activists have penned an open letter protesting his actions and...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 11, 2010
At this week’s NPC meeting, Hubei governor Li Hongzhong became a hot topic in the Chinese twittersphere (see here for all tweets on the topic) after he reprimanded a journalist and forcibly grabbed away her voice recorder...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions