When Microsoft’s LinkedIn launched a simplified Chinese webpage for Chinese users in 2014, it admitted it would follow Beijing’s censorship directives. It did so with a gusto that surprised even those who had engineered the...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 8, 2019
Recent months have seen a spate of detentions and interrogations of Twitter users within China,...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 24, 2011
LinkedIn is apparently the latest victim of the Great Firewall. From Bloomberg: China, the world’s largest Internet market with 457 million Web users, has shut out sites such as those operated by Facebook Inc., Twitter Inc. and...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods