One of China’s premier investigative reporting outlets, Caixin, has been removed from the Cyberspace Administration of China’s (CAC) latest media “whitelist.” The whitelist governs how news is shared across the Chinese internet:...
by Cindy Carter | Oct 14, 2021
Former journalist and anti-corruption crusader Luo Changping was detained by police on Hainan Island on October 7, a day after his personal Weibo account was deleted over a post questioning the justification for China’s...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 14, 2017
At Deutsche Welle, Sabine Peschel talks to Audrey Jiajia Li, a former TV journalist who has turned...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 27, 2013
Caijing deputy editor Luo Changping has been removed from his post and transferred to the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods