A new investigation has renewed attention about human rights abuses in Xinjiang’s polysilicon industry. Polysilicon is a key ingredient in the manufacturing of solar panels, an industry that is expected to boom in coming...
by John Chan | Mar 8, 2021
More than a month into the Biden administration and as Chinese top leaders meet for the annual “Two Sessions” top political meetings in Beijing, it appears that protracted U.S.-China tensions are here to stay. Last...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 12, 2018
Late last week, Bloomberg’s Jordan Robertson and Michael Riley published stunning claims...
by Cindy | Jun 28, 2017
Three China Labor Watch activists who were detained while working undercover investigating abuses...
by Cindy | Dec 22, 2015
China is experiencing a sharp increase in labor unrest as the country’s economy continues to...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 8, 2015
China Labour Bulletin reports that several workers’ rights leaders have recently been...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods