Despite talks to abolish China’s re-education through labor or laojiao system, Xi...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 17, 2013
Following a court judgment on Monday awarding damages for her wrongful incarceration in a re-education through labor camp, “petitioning mother” Tang Hui has traveled to Beijing to pursue compensation for her...
by Anne Henochowicz | Apr 10, 2013
As of April 10, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function). • Masanjia Women’s Labor Re-education Camp (马三家女子劳教所): An investigative report on the camp, which exposes...
by Anne Henochowicz | Apr 9, 2013
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Central Propaganda Department: Without exception, do not reuse, report, or comment on the article...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions