As Southeast Asian countries continue to face a severe drought amid an extreme El Niño event,...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 3, 2013
“Shocking” news emerged last month of Chinese plans to resume hydropower exploitation of the Nu (Salween), Lancang (Mekong) and Jinsha rivers. At The Hindu, Ananth Krishnan reported that three new dams have also been...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 4, 2010
The worst drought in perhaps a century is hitting Yunnan and other areas of southern China, decimating crops and destroying farmers’ livelihoods. The New York Times reports: This drought is southern China’s worst,...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’