As Southeast Asian countries continue to face a severe drought amid an extreme El Niño event,...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 3, 2013
“Shocking” news emerged last month of Chinese plans to resume hydropower exploitation of the Nu (Salween), Lancang (Mekong) and Jinsha rivers. At The Hindu, Ananth Krishnan reported that three new dams have also been...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 4, 2010
The worst drought in perhaps a century is hitting Yunnan and other areas of southern China, decimating crops and destroying farmers’ livelihoods. The New York Times reports: This drought is southern China’s worst,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods