At The Wall Street Journal, noted China scholar David Shambaugh writes that “the endgame of...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 18, 2013
The Global Times looks at a new report from Hurun and GroupM Knowledge which shows that, amid an...
by cschultz | Nov 21, 2009
From the Times of India: The personal wealth of the rich in China has continued to expand despite the global economic downturn, and a new study says their number could cross 450,000 by the year-end. .. “China is arguably...
by Michael Zhao | Nov 13, 2006
From China Daily (by the way, BMW also stands for “be my wife”): A matchmaking party aimed at pairing up millionaire men with beautiful women will be held on a ship on Shanghai’s Huangpu River on November 25. All of the male participants must have assets worth at least 2 million yuan (US$250,000), and all […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods