China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) published new rules this weekend that would allow it to prohibit companies’ compliance with foreign laws that stop them from trading with China. The rules were an apparent...
Ministry of Commerce
by Samuel Wade | Aug 27, 2019
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | May 20, 2010
A former official with the Commerce Ministry was given a suspended death sentence for accepting bribes, including from Gome Electronics, whose former chair Huang Guangyu was recently sentenced to 14 years in prison. From AFP: A...
by Kate Zhao | Nov 25, 2007
From AP via CNN.com: China has ordered increased monitoring to ensure steady fuel supplies, especially of diesel, that keeps the nation’s exports moving to global markets. The Commerce Ministry ‘s late order was made late Saturday amid a squeeze on supplies from Chinese refiners, who must pay more for imports but are restricted from raising […]
by Zhao Ying | Jun 8, 2006
From The Financial Times: China said on Thursday that foreign direct investment into the country last year was $12bn more than it had previously announced, reflecting the inclusion in the figures of a surge of investment into the financial sector. The Ministry of Commerce , which had reported that inward FDI was $60.3bn in 2005, […]
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism