Keith Bradsher at The New York Times reports that the Chinese government is starting to rein in...
by Scott Greene | Jun 24, 2013
The Wall Street Journal reports that Chinese stocks “were in free fall on Monday” after Beijing scrambled over the weekend to assure investors that its financial system had ample liquidity. After the People’s...
by Scott Greene | Oct 8, 2012
The World Bank lowered its growth forecast for China to 7.7 percent on Monday, 0.5 percent below its April estimate, according to the China Daily: The World Bank also lowered China’s growth forecast in 2013 to 8.1 percent,...
by Scott Greene | Jun 7, 2012
China’s central bank announced a 25 basis point cut to borrowing and lending rates on Thursday, the latest measure taken to stave off a hard landing for the economy. From The New York Times: The interest rate cut was the...
by Melissa M. Chan | Jan 3, 2012
Despite the increase in manufacturing and President Hu Jintao’s speech addressing the economy, Premier Wen Jiabao warned of a ‘difficult’ start in 2012. China’s economy grew 9% in 2011, which was slower...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’