The South Korean government wants China to change its name for kimchi, Victor Mair notes at Slate,...
by Wu Nan | Feb 7, 2008
From Xinhua, translated by CDT: “Pig” year is gone and the “Rat” year comes. Have you ever thought that there are Chinese named after pigs and rats? It is true. According to the Ministry of Public...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms