The South Korean government wants China to change its name for kimchi, Victor Mair notes at Slate,...
Oct 25, 2013
At Sinosphere, Dan Levin examines the idiosyncratic names that some Chinese English-speakers pick...
Feb 7, 2008
From Xinhua, translated by CDT: “Pig” year is gone and the “Rat” year comes. Have you ever thought that there are Chinese named after pigs and rats? It is true. According to the Ministry of Public...
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China