The South Korean government wants China to change its name for kimchi, Victor Mair notes at Slate,...
Oct 25, 2013
At Sinosphere, Dan Levin examines the idiosyncratic names that some Chinese English-speakers pick...
Feb 7, 2008
From Xinhua, translated by CDT: “Pig” year is gone and the “Rat” year comes. Have you ever thought that there are Chinese named after pigs and rats? It is true. According to the Ministry of Public...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – Xi’an Lockdown: Beijing Continues to Pursue “Zero-Covid”
- News.com.au – China’s Covid zero policy is floundering against Omicron
- The Wire China – Open Source
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Wainao – Hu Xijin’s retirement, the future after the “flattering era”