A joint statement from ChinaAid’s Bob Fu and New York University’s Jerome Cohen, rival...
new york university
by Samuel Wade | Jul 11, 2013
Following heated controversy last month over legal activist Chen Guangcheng’s departure from New York University, The New York Times’ Andrew Jacobs reports a tangled political “tug of war over Mr. Chen and his...
by Scott Greene | Jun 17, 2013
Blind activist Chen Guangcheng released a statement on Sunday evening confirming reports that New York University had given him until the end of the month to leave the school, citing “unrelenting pressure” placed on...
by Wendy Qian | Jun 27, 2012
Ian Johnson interviews dissident Chen Guangcheng in a New York University classroom. Continuing the transcript style of his Bao Tong interview, Johnson asks Chen many probing questions, from China’s incoming leadership to...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 28, 2011
New York University, one of the largest private universities in the U.S., has reached a deal to open a campus in Shanghai which will be jointly administered by NYU and the East China Normal University, the first such college in...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods