2022 is off to a bad start for Hong Kong’s free press. The Cantonese Citizen News, one of the few prominent independent news outlets still standing in Hong Kong, was the latest to perish, announcing its dissolution on Sunday...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 9, 2017
Dozens of popular social media accounts and apps that focus on celebrity and entertainment news...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 23, 2008
From the Tibetan Review: About 206 million Chinese, or 68.6 percent of China’s Internet users, use the web to get their main source of news, reported China’s official Xinhua news agency Dec 22, citing the Chinese Academy...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism