China’s Olympic Committee announced on Tuesday that it will bid against Germany, Kazakhstan,...
Jul 24, 2013
Evie Liu at CNN gives a brief sketch of a small village in northeastern China where falconry is still a common practice among local men: In China’s Jilin province, the tiny rural community of Ying Tun — known here as...
Feb 10, 2010
Derided in many parts of China, cooking from the northeast Dongbei region is featured at an increasing number of restaurants in Flushing, Queens, which are written up in the New York Times: Dongbei, once known as Manchuria,...
Aug 19, 2007
China’s future efforts to develop nuclear power technology will be based on Westinghouse‘s reactors. Reported by AP: China began building the first nuclear power plant in its northeast on Saturday, part of a rapid nuclear expansion meant to curb growing use of coal and oil, a state news agency said. The 50 billion yuan (US$6.5 […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends