A radioactive gas leak at a nuclear power plant in southern China has been described by experts as a mundane issue with the cladding on fuel rods in one of the plant’s reactors. The episode has nevertheless highlighted the...
by Grace | Aug 11, 2016
The local government of Lianyungang has suspended plans to build a nuclear waste reprocessing...
by Xiao Qiang | Aug 19, 2007
China’s future efforts to develop nuclear power technology will be based on Westinghouse‘s reactors. Reported by AP: China began building the first nuclear power plant in its northeast on Saturday, part of a rapid nuclear expansion meant to curb growing use of coal and oil, a state news agency said. The 50 billion yuan (US$6.5 […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods