In recent years, as Beijing has been expanding economic ties with Latin America, engagement with...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 11, 2010
Reuters reports: China’s top offshore oil producer, CNOOC Ltd (0883.HK), will pay $1.1 billion for a stake in a U.S. shale oil and gas field, testing the U.S. political climate for the first time since its 2005 failed bid...
by Morgan Figuers | Aug 10, 2008
China and Iraq will be renegotiating a deal to explore for oil. The deal, originally signed in 2003 with Saddam Hussein, was shelved after U.N. sanctions and the U.S. invasion of Iraq. From Reuters: Iraq’s oil minister...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms