In recent years, as Beijing has been expanding economic ties with Latin America, engagement with...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 11, 2010
Reuters reports: China’s top offshore oil producer, CNOOC Ltd (0883.HK), will pay $1.1 billion for a stake in a U.S. shale oil and gas field, testing the U.S. political climate for the first time since its 2005 failed bid...
by Morgan Figuers | Aug 10, 2008
China and Iraq will be renegotiating a deal to explore for oil. The deal, originally signed in 2003 with Saddam Hussein, was shelved after U.N. sanctions and the U.S. invasion of Iraq. From Reuters: Iraq’s oil minister...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern