The following censorship instructions, issued to the media and internet companies by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the issuing body has been omitted to protect the source. Hello...
by John Chan | Feb 8, 2021
Over the past several days, Chinese internet users rushed to join Clubhouse, an invite-only audio-based social networking app. For a fleeting few days, users on the platform from mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and farther...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 26, 2016
Netizens are howling over the mascot for the upcoming CCTV Spring Festival gala, a monkey with a...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 16, 2015
China Digital Times has released an updated edition of “Decoding the Chinese Internet: A Glossary...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’