Over the past several days, Chinese internet users rushed to join Clubhouse, an invite-only audio-based social networking app. For a fleeting few days, users on the platform from mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and farther...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jan 26, 2016
Netizens are howling over the mascot for the upcoming CCTV Spring Festival gala, a monkey with a...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 16, 2015
China Digital Times has released an updated edition of “Decoding the Chinese Internet: A Glossary...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”