The Environmental Justice Foundation, an environmental NGO based in London, released a new report, titled “The Ever-Widening Net: Mapping the Scale, Nature and Corporate Structures of Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing...
Nov 6, 2013
China has built 22,000 dams taller than 15 meters since the 1950s, displacing some 16 million...
Oct 25, 2013
At China.org.cn, Wu Jin reports the devastation of the upper Yangtze river by overfishing,...
May 24, 2008
Due to China’s economic boom and the status of shark’s fin soup at events, such as weddings, a recent United Nations study claims that the Chinese are inadvertently threatening the survival of many shark species....
Feb 1, 2007
From BBC News: China has banned commercial fishing for three months along a 1,000km (620 mile) stretch of the Yangtze River in a bid to protect threatened fish stocks. Fishing boats will be banned from trawling in central Hubei province and Chongqing Municipality, according to the official Xinhua news agency. Bans covering two other stretches […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner