The Taliban takeover of Afghanistan in August was never an ideal scenario for the Chinese government, and it was even worse for Afghanistan’s Uyghur minority. In the security vacuum left by the U.S. withdrawal, China is now...
by Sophie Beach | May 12, 2017
Beijing is preparing to host a two-day meeting of business and government leaders to discuss the...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 15, 2016
A major part of China’s strategy to enhance economic and security interaction with Central...
by Josh Rudolph | May 26, 2015
Since 2012, China has been slowly but steadily increasing diplomatic engagement with Afghanistan—a...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism