The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Aug 31, 2016
In the latest edition of the Hoover Institution’s China Leadership Monitor, Alice L. Miller...
Sep 28, 2012
Xinhua reports that the long awaited 18th National Congress of the CCP is to start on November 8th, marking the beginning of China’s once-a-decade leadership transition. The Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee...
Aug 23, 2012
Party Discipline chief He Guoqiang has announced a new five-year plan to rein in corruption, to be implemented after the looming 18th CPC National Congress. From Bloomberg: “The work of constructing a system of punishing and...
Jan 23, 2007
From Financial Times: Economists struggling for a fix on the trajectory of China’s economy this year have focused on traditional drivers of growth, such as exports, investment and even consumer spending. But most have ignored what may be the key propellant pushing output higher – top-level politics, in the form of the impending Communist party […]
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages