Tsinghua University has fired Xu Zhangrun, a law professor and outspoken critic of Xi Jinping’s leadership, who was released on Sunday after six days in detention. Xu was suspended from teaching duties in August 2018 after...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 16, 2013
South China Morning Post’s Alex Lo looks at Hobbesian arguments for America’s global...
by Sophia Cao | May 9, 2006
From Xinhua News Agency (link): Philosophy departments at local universities have had a tough time in recent years as few high school graduates are willing to take the abstract subject as their first major choice. During Fudan University‘s admissions open house last month, officials said that several parents tried to prevent their children with interest […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods