Tsinghua University has fired Xu Zhangrun, a law professor and outspoken critic of Xi Jinping’s leadership, who was released on Sunday after six days in detention. Xu was suspended from teaching duties in August 2018 after...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 16, 2013
South China Morning Post’s Alex Lo looks at Hobbesian arguments for America’s global...
by Sophia Cao | May 9, 2006
From Xinhua News Agency (link): Philosophy departments at local universities have had a tough time in recent years as few high school graduates are willing to take the abstract subject as their first major choice. During Fudan University‘s admissions open house last month, officials said that several parents tried to prevent their children with interest […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms