Reporting on his observations from a factory in Shijiao, Junkyard Planet author Adam Minter...
Dec 22, 2011
China’s hunger for materials and its powerful economies of scale can make a viable business of recycling what would occupy landfills elsewhere. At The Atlantic, Adam Minter describes the town of Shijiao, whose factories...
May 29, 2011
China is opening new fronts in its campaign against “white pollution”, including an expansion of the existing ban on free plastic bags. From the AFP: Bookstores and pharmacies nationwide will soon be forbidden to...
Jan 17, 2007
From China Daily (photo: garbage treatment plant dumping waste water into a ditch, via Chinanews.com.cn): Lianjiao (ËÅîÊªòÊùë) is already home to about 200,000 tons of waste plastic and 500,000 tons of waste paper and cardboard from both overseas and home. The quality of its air and water have declined because of pollutants unleashed by the […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner