The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Baidu internal notice: The general election in the United States has been determined to be a highly...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 18, 2012
Former U.S. ambassador to China Jon Huntsman talked to Foreign Policy’s Isaac Stone Fish about China-bashing campaign rhetoric, Sino-U.S. relations and political sensitivities in China ahead of its looming leadership...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 4, 2012
In a televised presidential debate laden with dubious claims from both sides last night, initial polls declared Republican Mitt Romney the clear victor. Taiwan’s Next Media Animation agreed: Xinhua offered a rather drier...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 21, 2011
Vice President Xi Jinping has described departing US ambassador Jon Huntsman as “an old friend of the Chinese people”. Xi is likely to step up to China’s presidency next year, while Huntsman is widely expected...
by Japhet Weeks | Mar 26, 2008
Earlier this month, China’s legislature gathered and, among other things, reelected Hu Jintao as the country’s president — no surprise there. But the election of Xi Jinping as vice president, rather than Li...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods