The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by central government authorities, have...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 31, 2012
For his latest contribution to his CDT series, cartoonist Crazy Crab of Hexie Farm finds inspiration in the wood-block print The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Japanese artist Hokusai. Responding both to the recent Beijing floods...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 28, 2012
Riots broke out in the Jiangsu city of Qidong on Saturday during protests against a pipeline which locals feared would pollute the nearby coastline. From Peter Parks at AFP: Following the clashes, the local police said in their...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China