Authorities in Shanghai have recently cracked down on rumors of tightening real estate...
real estate boom
Apr 15, 2014
In an interview with Shanghaiist, Leta Hong Fincher discusses the way China’s real estate...
Feb 22, 2009
From the LA Times: The Beijing Municipal Bureau of Statistics reported this month that housing sales in the city dropped 40% last year. Chinese economists have predicted that housing prices will drop 15% to 20% in Beijing this...
Dec 16, 2007
If you don’t have a multimillion bank account but still want to afford a villa near some major Chinese city, you still have a shot in Chongqing. Read about a real estate rush into nearby rural neighborhoods, translated by CDT from the Beijing News: Wei Erxu (韦尔旭), a tangerine and fish farmer at Jiulongpo District […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends