A recent survey by Peking University showed that 1% of China’s richest families hold more than...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 18, 2013
The Global Times looks at a new report from Hurun and GroupM Knowledge which shows that, amid an...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 4, 2004
Forbes Magazine released the list of China’s richest people today, People’s Daily reported. The list includes 35 people from Guangdong, 22 people from Shanghai, and another 22 from Beijing. Larry Rong Zhijian, chairman of the Hong Kong-based conglomerate CITIC Pacific, was named the mainland’s richest man with assets of 1.5 billion US dollars. The full report […]
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 15, 2003
The Atanta Journal-Constitution posted a AP report about China’s new richest list. According to the list by Asiamoney magazine, Ding Lei, founder of NetEast.com Inc., has a fortune estimated at $900 million. He was followed by Larry Yung, head of the government-backed investment company Citic Pacific Ltd., who has $850 million. The annual list of […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms