Following an apartment block fire that left 19 dead and eight injured in Beijing this week—found...
by Cindy | Dec 30, 2015
According to the findings of an official investigation, bad weather was primarily to blame for the...
by Cindy | Dec 21, 2015
On Monday, rescue work continued at an industrial park in Shenzhen a day after a massive landslide...
by Melissa M. Chan | Dec 27, 2011
Amid concerns about the safety of the railway system due to the deadly Wenzhou crash in July, China has revealed a new high-speed bullet train that can reach speeds of 500km per hour. The Telegraph reports: The new experimental...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”