Following an apartment block fire that left 19 dead and eight injured in Beijing this week—found...
by Grace | Dec 30, 2015
According to the findings of an official investigation, bad weather was primarily to blame for the...
by Grace | Dec 21, 2015
On Monday, rescue work continued at an industrial park in Shenzhen a day after a massive landslide...
by Melissa M. Chan | Dec 27, 2011
Amid concerns about the safety of the railway system due to the deadly Wenzhou crash in July, China has revealed a new high-speed bullet train that can reach speeds of 500km per hour. The Telegraph reports: The new experimental...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal