Following an apartment block fire that left 19 dead and eight injured in Beijing this week—found...
by Grace | Dec 30, 2015
According to the findings of an official investigation, bad weather was primarily to blame for the...
by Grace | Dec 21, 2015
On Monday, rescue work continued at an industrial park in Shenzhen a day after a massive landslide...
by Melissa M. Chan | Dec 27, 2011
Amid concerns about the safety of the railway system due to the deadly Wenzhou crash in July, China has revealed a new high-speed bullet train that can reach speeds of 500km per hour. The Telegraph reports: The new experimental...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods