After a four-year investigation, Hong Kong-based conservation group WildLifeRisk has exposed what...
by Melissa M. Chan | Feb 21, 2012
With the recent uproar about the inhumane practices of harvesting bear bile, celebrities, such as Yao Ming, have begun to speak out against animal cruelty. Animal welfare groups claim that this support from celebrities...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 13, 2011
Shark’s fin soup has long been considered a delicacy in Chinese communities around the world, served for special occasions and for honored guests. Yet the practice of cutting off the fin of live sharks and then throwing...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern