After a four-year investigation, Hong Kong-based conservation group WildLifeRisk has exposed what...
by Melissa M. Chan | Feb 21, 2012
With the recent uproar about the inhumane practices of harvesting bear bile, celebrities, such as Yao Ming, have begun to speak out against animal cruelty. Animal welfare groups claim that this support from celebrities...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 13, 2011
Shark’s fin soup has long been considered a delicacy in Chinese communities around the world, served for special occasions and for honored guests. Yet the practice of cutting off the fin of live sharks and then throwing...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions