In 2020, CDT Chinese editors launched the CDT Censorship Digest series. The series will collect and quote from news and online speech that was censored by Chinese authorities during the previous month, as well as summarize...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 5, 2019
In an episode of BBC Sounds as part of her series “China and the World,” Isabel Hilton gives an in-depth look at the the Chinese government’s influence campaigns overseas, in particular programs under the...
by zctph48 | Jul 13, 2018
According to a yearly survey published by the consultancy Portland and the University of Southern...
by Cindy | Jun 17, 2018
Exiled Chinese human rights lawyer and activist Teng Biao is calling attention to the “long...
by Cindy | Jan 7, 2018
The New York Times’ former Beijing bureau chief Edward Wong shares his parting thoughts on...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’