In 2020, CDT Chinese editors launched the CDT Censorship Digest series. The series will collect and quote from news and online speech that was censored by Chinese authorities during the previous month, as well as summarize...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 5, 2019
In an episode of BBC Sounds as part of her series “China and the World,” Isabel Hilton gives an in-depth look at the the Chinese government’s influence campaigns overseas, in particular programs under the...
by zctph48 | Jul 13, 2018
According to a yearly survey published by the consultancy Portland and the University of Southern...
by Cindy | Jun 17, 2018
Exiled Chinese human rights lawyer and activist Teng Biao is calling attention to the “long...
by Cindy | Jan 7, 2018
The New York Times’ former Beijing bureau chief Edward Wong shares his parting thoughts on...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms