China’s Shenzhou 10 spacecraft successfully touched down in Inner Mongolia on Wednesday, completing a 15-day docking mission with China’s first space station. From Reuters: The Shenzhou 10 spacecraft, China’s...
by zhou shuren | Oct 26, 2011
China announced it will be launching Shenzhou 8, an unmanned spacecraft, next month. The spacecraft will attempt to dock with an experimental module, the Tiangong 1 which is currently surveying Chinese farmland using special...
by Mo Ming | Apr 9, 2006
From Xinhuanet (link) China has begun production of the rocket carrier for the launch of Shenzhou-7 spaceship in 2008, a senior project official has announced. Jing Muchun, chief designer of the launch vehicle system of China’s Manned Space Program, told China Central Television that procurement and production of the parts for the rocket carrier had […]
by Michael Zhao | Apr 5, 2006
From Oriental Morning Post via sina.com (in Chinese), translated by CDT (link): Vice Director Luo Ge of China’s National Space Administration said with a little frustration that he hoped the United States be more “open” in cooperation in space programs with China during his visit to Washington, DC. Guo Xiaobing, a space strategy expert in […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods