Guangzhou-based labor organizer Zeng Feiyang was detained late last year along with several fellow...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 16, 2015
@badiucao #SOS my twitter account is being attacked #五毛 by Chinese Internet commentators‘ slander...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jun 6, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Scott Greene | Dec 5, 2011
The Wall Street Journal laments the increasingly ugly tactics of political interference by the Mainland in Hong Kong, where Beijing has abandoned its hands-off approach in favor of smear campaigns during recent elections: Hong...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”