CDT has translated a selection of Chinese political jokes that have been making the rounds on social media. These jokes all poke fun at China’s so-called core socialist values, a set of 12 words used by the CCP to promote...
socialism with Chinese characteristics
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 29, 2014
Amid the Xi Jinping administration’s efforts to promote ideological orthodoxy in the Party...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 16, 2014
Yesterday at the Beijing Forum on Literature and Art, President Xi Jinping addressed a gathering...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 9, 2014
Days after the 25th anniversary of the suppression of “pro-democracy” protests in...
by Josh Rudolph | May 2, 2013
Every head of the post-Mao PRC has risen to power with a personal slogan to characterize their leadership aspirations and establish their position in the ideological heritage of the CCP. Deng Xiaoping began the tradition with...
by Little Bluegill | Feb 11, 2013
On January 30, 2013, China’s National Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science published on their website a lengthy list of focus areas for 2013 research proposals [zh]. The 60-item list details many propaganda...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms