President Xi Jinping arrived in South Korea on Thursday for a state visit that is seen as...
south korean perspective
Jan 10, 2014
The South Korean government wants China to change its name for kimchi, Victor Mair notes at Slate,...
Apr 28, 2008
“Anti-Chinese Sentiment Looms After Torch Relay” Kim Tae-jong reports in Korea Times: Violence by Chinese during the Olympic flame relay in Seoul, Sunday, has ignited anti-China sentiment among Koreans. The Beijing...
Apr 28, 2008
From Chosun.com: A political commentator renowned for his sharp tongue has likened the Beijing Olympics to the 1936 Berlin Olympics under Nazi rule after Chinese mobs ran rampant here during the Seoul leg of the Olympic torch...
Apr 18, 2005
From The Korea Herald: A South Korean Newspaper’s statement on the rising anti-Japanese sentiment in China and Korea: Now is the time when close cooperation is needed for the three powers of Northeast Asia – China, Japan and South Korea – to achieve regional security and economic co-prosperity. So it is most regrettable the three […]
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes