At Foreign Policy, Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian this week reported on efforts by the Communist Party...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 4, 2015
The Guardian’s Caroline Davies reports an apparent battle by Chinese consular officials in...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 26, 2014
While few negative repercussions are anticipated from last week’s meeting between Barack...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 19, 2013
Spain’s National Court has ordered the arrest of five former high-level Chinese officials,...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 4, 2011
China, which already owns 10% of Spain’s debt, is playing a key role in the country’s economic recovery as Vice Premier Li Keqiang pays a visit. From the Christian Science Monitor: Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez...
by Liu Yong | Aug 5, 2008
From AFP: Spain’s top criminal court agreed Tuesday to hear a lawsuit from Tibetan rights groups that accuses Chinese leaders of genocide in connection with the unrest that erupted in the region in March. The suit was...
by Morgan Figuers | Jun 30, 2007
From the Hindu: China will send two cuddly giant pandas to Spain as “goodwill emissaries” and for research. A seven-year-old male “Bing Xing” weighing 140 kg and a four-year-old female “Hua Zui Ba” weighing 93 kg would be sent to the Madrid zoo, head of the Giant Panda Breeding and Research Base, Zhang Zhihe said. […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal