At Foreign Policy, Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian this week reported on efforts by the Communist Party...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 4, 2015
The Guardian’s Caroline Davies reports an apparent battle by Chinese consular officials in...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 26, 2014
While few negative repercussions are anticipated from last week’s meeting between Barack...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 19, 2013
Spain’s National Court has ordered the arrest of five former high-level Chinese officials,...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 4, 2011
China, which already owns 10% of Spain’s debt, is playing a key role in the country’s economic recovery as Vice Premier Li Keqiang pays a visit. From the Christian Science Monitor: Prime Minister José Luis Rodríguez...
by Liu Yong | Aug 5, 2008
From AFP: Spain’s top criminal court agreed Tuesday to hear a lawsuit from Tibetan rights groups that accuses Chinese leaders of genocide in connection with the unrest that erupted in the region in March. The suit was...
by Morgan Figuers | Jun 30, 2007
From the Hindu: China will send two cuddly giant pandas to Spain as “goodwill emissaries” and for research. A seven-year-old male “Bing Xing” weighing 140 kg and a four-year-old female “Hua Zui Ba” weighing 93 kg would be sent to the Madrid zoo, head of the Giant Panda Breeding and Research Base, Zhang Zhihe said. […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions